Sunday, August 29, 1999

Life In Words

The following are sentences that I extracted from my writing. The first was written at the age of 13, in 1982, the next in '83, and so forth.


Well, who am I? ********* Lesson number one; Love hurts. ********* Lies hurt. ********* I need to feel needed. ********* I have this horrible feeling of being lost, of reaching out for someone I've yet to find. ********* How does one stop feeling? ********* Cry my tears of blood. ********* Why the hell am I reaching out for something I know I can't find? ********* Maybe this pain is what's meant by "growing up". ********* The price you pay for getting everything you've always wanted is the fear of losing it. ********* The further I go into myself, the more my conditioned brain fears insanity. ********* We create our own Gods. We call them role models. ********* So many realities to choose from. ********* To save a soul, one must only become a friend. ********* Truth changes on each tongue. ********* "Red" is within, as opposed to without. ********* To be disgusted by our own selves... that is the nature of intelligence. ********* I am my own God.

3 comments:

labellamorte said...

I am amazed, that at such a young age, you thought about things that some never, ever consider...

and I am a bit sad, that from such a young age, you've been in such pain.

Jess said...

"The price you pay for getting everything you've always wanted is the fear of losing it."

Cutter,
I dont know if I have ever read anything that hit so close to my heart. I live this everyday. Its constant, cant get away from it.
Im sorry that we both have to share such a thought, but also in a way glad to know I am not the only one.

Nightlady said...

"The price you pay for getting everything you've always wanted is the fear of losing it."

"To save a soul, one must only become a friend"

Those two were the most important to me. I feel like I can't really lose the most important things in life. The most important things are, to me, of course, people, and even if I lose someone special I don't lose them completely because the memories are still always going to be there. That person has made my life better by their presence in it, if even for a short while.

And, of course, I value my friends greatly. They are like family I got to choose myself. :)

You are wise, Cutter. I learn a lot from you. You get me to think and consider things I might not think about or consider otherwise. I like that. :)