Sunday, March 19, 2000

(What makes one aware that he/she may be a werewolf?)

I can only speak for myself here, but what alerted me was not so much the knowledge of "being different", as many feel at a young age who are Were and/or Vamp (or even ordinary people just going through life's changes), but more the realization of shifting. Although I'd never even heard the term "Were" until I came online last June, I was aware of my specific type of difference. I called it, "having Shaman's blood" to those I attempted to explain things to. It was as close as I could come to explaining that specific aspect of myself which was WAY different from the norm. It was the moment when I looked back and said, "WHOA! That wasn't me, but... it was... but it wasn't... but... etc." and then had the people around me back up that confusion with, "Well it was you... but it wasn't you... but it was... etc., etc." All I really knew was that I'd gone from human to other and then back again. It took quite a long time to actually give what I was experiencing any sort of a name.

From reading the words of others here, the label of "Polywere" seemed to fit. True, there are days when I read the posts of others that I swear to myself that there's no way in HELL that I'm a Were, but those are the bad days... the days when I doubt my own sanity... the days when I read the wrong posts by the wrong people at the wrong time.

To me, the main "symptoms" of being a Were are shifting (mental, emotional, and/or physical) and a specific type of heightened awareness... which I find difficult to describe. I usually rely on "it takes one to know one" and I seem to do just fine.

No comments: