Sunday, January 21, 2001

crisis

To respond to the remark about my words constantly invoking a "gender identity crisis".... I don't see it that way... I see it as my educating people and protecting the lives of others by education.

Lack of understanding is not just annoying, it's lack of understanding that gets people beat to death or molested by doctors or mutilated by them. Will I ever keep my mouth shut about issues concerning gender/sex/sexuality. Nope.

Silence = Death.



...Yes, sometimes people just fear what they don't understand... or sometimes they just want to hurt someone. That's in the case of beating/killing though. In the case of the medical community it's dehumanization (it's ok to put my fingers in there... it's an it, not a woman... I can't get sued... it's my word against the freak's!) and lack of education (wow... what are you? we have to run some tests!). Some doctors REALLY think it's right to mutilate babies... in fact... some doctors don't even see it as mutilating.

I'm still of the mindset that talking about it is better than being silent. Most of the world doesn't even know that people like me even exist. Many think that it's ok to beat people like me for not detailing our genitals to them before the first kiss. Well... maybe me running my mouth will reach just ONE of those people. For that, I'm willing to annoy a few just a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You absolutely make a difference too. You are a brave person to speak about your life. :)