Sunday, February 8, 2004

"New" Music - (9a)

The Weave

I had a friend, Sara Weaver. Although just about completely unrecognized by the rest of the world outside the Philadelphia area, as 99.9% of the talent in Philly is, and was, and probably will always be, "The Weave" (and "Swisher") were incredible. Sara made the band, of course, not just in character, but I think also in talent. My years long crush on the woman aside, Sara's ability to come across as a "diva" even if she was wearing a garbage bag was part of her charm, and that combined with awesome talent, is what I think made her bands "work".

One of the best and most creative musicians, and one of the coolest people I've ever met, there won't ever be another "Weave". Sara died of Leukemia in June of 2002. I'll miss her always.

site

No comments: