Thursday, March 15, 2001

(Blood Is Blood....) cont'd

I just wanted to add something here... just in case people get the wrong idea.

My opinions are my opinions. The more I hear opinions that are different from mine, the more my opinions can change. My opinions are based on my experience.... and on my logic. The more I hear from others, the more information I have to base my opinions on.

My definitions of Vampires, etc. may well change. (some people call that being a hypocrite, I call it growing and learning.) The same goes for what I consider to be "Were". In case people don't read every topic on this here board, I've even questioned whether or not I should even call myself "Were" based on what others have called "Were" because I just don't fit the bill 100%.

Labels are labels... terms are terms. I use terms in an attempt to have people understand what I'm talking about, not in an attempt to tell everyone what to think. There are a few instances where I attempt to get people to change their definitions, but that's only because their definitions are harmful or hurtful, IN MY OPINION (like my stance on what a woman is and what a man is), but generally speaking I use labels and terms loosely and based on my experience. One person who says "I AM AN "X" and I don't fit your definition of "X"", can cause me to question my definition of "X". (Hopefully that makes sense.)

I really hope that people feel free to educate me (no matter how many times you have to repeat yourself or argue your point). It's one of the main reasons I'm still online.

No comments: