Thursday, March 8, 2001

Conflict

ok... before I start this rant (and I know that it will be a rant, because I DO tend to do that), I'd like to point everyone in the direction of the "Welcome to the board" post in the "No Reply At All" section.


This is where the "rules" are posted. There's nothing too strict in there... I don't like rules, they make me break out in hives. To sum one of them up here though... If there's someone at my party you don't like, don't come in just to start a fight. If you do, then they have the right to ask me to ask you to leave. This board runs on a seniority and activity basis. If you were here first, you can pull rank... as long as you're an active member. Basically that means that if you post once, then vanish for 3 months, then come back and attempt to pull rank, it's not going to fly... but if you're a member who posts regularly you can ask me to boot someone if they came in here just to start trouble with you.

I don't boot people based on their opinions. I might argue an opinion, but I'll never ban or censor someone just because we don't agree. There are those who exist on these types of boards only to spark conflict and arguement in an attempt to get attention that they cannot seem to find elsewhere. I don't go for that... there are plenty of other boards to do that on. If you have a bone to pick and you're already an active member, go for it, but please don't come here ONLY for that reason. Come here because you like the board and want to contribute and participate, not because you need to throw sand in the face of one of my members. Sand can easily be thrown by e-mail or on another board that has no problem with that. The only sand I don't mind seeing thrown in here is sand from the sandbox we're already playing in together. Hopefully that makes sense, but if not... please feel free to question me and force me to clarify myself.

I started reading through a few of the topics in this here "Shifters" section. My time away stopped me from really reading everything. I had time to scout the board quickly, but no real time to post. There always seems to be so much to say... I never seem to have the time though... or the clarity to form words that make a whole hell of a lot of sense to anyone other than myself. I did read a bit though, hence this post and the mass of energy I'm throwing out to whomever feels the need to munch on it.

I've got more issues that anyone I've ever met. I'm the reason why "issues" is spelled just like "tissues"... once you deal with one, the next one pops right up. I'm known as "Mr. Raw Nerve" for a reason. If anyone, I understand that we can't all get along. I also know that when I bitch about something, I'm usually guilty of doing exactly what I'm accusing the other person of doing. I'm a hypocrite, a liar, unfair, whiny, and snotty... and dreadfully human. Human is the strongest Wereside I have. Believe me when I say that I have NO problem with people venting on this board... and that I have NO problem with others expressing their discontent. I'll be the first one to get into a flame war if that's what it takes to get to the root of the problem. Emotions exist... shit happens... and life's a bitch that pisses on your leg. That just can't be helped.

So... PLEASE fight things out if you need to. Conflict is natural and resolving conflict is, although sometimes rather difficult, rather energizing and educational... but PLEASE don't come to my board JUST to start a fight. This isn't a boxing ring, it's a place for having adult minded, intellectual conversation (with a few spaz-outs because it's actually part of being adult).

-FR
WereHuman


p.s. - if you've nothing to say about the above rant, please feel free to discuss whether or not you think that "WereHuman" is redundant or valid.

No comments: