Thursday, May 24, 2001

clock surfing

I haven't been in the best posting mode over the last few days. My head feels full of thoughts, yet I can't seem to articulate them very well.

I just wanted to attempt to throw a concept out there that has been on my mind since the other day...

I was watching a show called "Psi Factor" and one of the little shorts they did was about a guy who was transplanted in time from the 1700's to the present, not by his own doing. It just got me thinking about time travel... and when I start thinking about time travel my head gets really messy.

Here's the thought I'm trying to get across:

What if time and life in general is just like one long "line". What if all those theories are very true and "real"... AND what if reincarnation is also "real"?

What if, when we die, we can not only reincarnate but reincarnate anywhere on the timeline we want? What if dying is just stepping into a "time machine" without any material possessions, including your own body?

My head has been reeling from this thought for a few days...

I keep wondering if I would choose to be "me" again, or if in death it really is possible to choose at all... maybe you just gravitate towards the place your energy is most attracted to.


2:28pm
It might have been more accurate for me to say "time continuum" and also mention the parallel universe stuff... but what I was attempting to get at was that I was thinking about the possibility that both the scientific theories dealing with quantum physics and time travel, and the theories on reincarnation might be intertwined somehow...

UGH! I really shouldn't be posting, I just can't seem to form sentences. I HATE when I get like this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an interesting theory or concept. I have often hypothesized that as ghosts we can time travel...and that is why people have poltergeists...it's themselves trying to affect the mistakes or problems or whatever in their own lives. Often I've thought "If I was a ghost, this would be a moment I might like to relive." and often when I think that I'll have something "ghostly" happen (Dog staring at the ceiling and cocking his head is a good one)...like he's watching something in the room with us...but not something scary...like it's me maybe.

Anyway back to your theory...I suspect that you're not actually far off.

Cutter said...

Stay tuned. ;)

Cutter said...

...like I said, "stay tuned". ;)