Saturday, October 6, 2001

(Mystic's) faith.

I feel like I could write SO much... but I'm sure that most of it wouldn't come out how I meant it... my head has been more muddy than usual lately. :(

I'm glad that you wrote what you did, Mystic. The more I find out about you, the more fascinated I am.

I'm not a "religious" person. I don't go to church. I don't follow a set religion. "Neo-Pagan" is as close as I can get to a label. There are aspects of many religions in my own personal belief system.

I do recognize that religion is a very wonderful thing for some people though. I've known many who have gotten through life a lot easier because of the church they attend, the religion they practice, or the rituals they perform.

I see it like this...

If a person is a good person, I really don't care what they believe in or which church they attend, if any. Nothing works for everyone.. so each person has to find what works for them individually.

If your LDS beliefs have helped to make you who you are, then I'm glad that the church was there for you. I think you're one of the most wonderful and admirable people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting... so, a big thank you goes out to those Mormons, from me, for being there for you when you needed them... and a big thank you goes out to you, from me, for staying true to yourself. That you did so, makes me happy.

Just my personal opinion, but a good thing to keep in mind is that the church is there when you need it. You can always go... even if it's only once in a while. Go when you need to, or go when you have the extra energy to share... but don't feel obligated to go. Forcing yourself to do something and going through the motions does no good for anyone, when it comes to matters of the spirit. Besides, from what I hear, Jesus was a pretty understanding guy, so I don't think that he'll hold it against you. ;)

No comments: