Wednesday, October 10, 2001

Signs

September 10th, 2 large crows perched in a tree near me and began cawing in unison. Generally, crows don't do this. Crows communicate in a call and answer type way. They don't start screaming together. I've always been given signs by birds, crows especially. When they did what they did on the 10th, I had no clue as to what they were attempting to tell me (as usual), and I was way too tired from my trip home from Atlanta to give it a lot of thought.

September 11th, before I heard anything about the WTC or Pentagon, a sparrow perched on the yard gate a few feet from me and just sat there. The sparrow looked either ill or old... and didn't fly away, as sparrows will do, when I noticed it. I did the usual, tried to figure out what it was trying to tell me. After I (mentally) said, "Death?", it flew away.

When I'm on the right track in life, the birds will leave me a feather. I did receive a feather on the 10th. So, I knew that was where I should be... I thought that all was well... then, I suppose that's just a matter of perspective.

Well, I suppose that I know now what those birds were telling me. It's odd how signs are often only apparent afterwards.


Last night (this morning) around 4AM, I went out for a smoke. As usual (especially now, when the sky in my area has been full of military planes), I looked up at the sky. The moon was out, and it was amazingly clear. Then, I saw a shooting star.

I haven't seen a shooting star since 1988, when I was in Kentucky, where it's clear enough to see them quite often. So, immediately I thought, "What does this mean?"

I'm wondering if it's something good, or something bad... or if it's anything more than just coincidence that I was up at 4AM, looking in the right direction, and happened to see it.

I guess I'll find out.

No comments: