Tuesday, January 1, 2002

2002 Resolutions

Well, I know that it doesn't sound like anything too big... but to me it is...

Since '93 - '94, I've kept a "daily log". Basically, I've written down EVERYTHING I do EVERY DAY since the time I started it.

The main reason I started it was because with MPD/DID, there are huge gaps in one's memory. "We" started writing everything down in an attempt to enhance communication between the lot of us.

Once you do something everyday for about 8 years, it's not the easiest thing in the world to stop... but I think that I should. It has become more of an obsessive habit than anything else, at this point. Also, it's 365 pages a year that get added into the mountain of writing which I produce... and that's something I need to reduce (the mountain).

So, my resolution is to stop the Daily Log; to write whatever I want to write in my journal or on my board (which gets printed anyway), and break the habit.

Already today I feel frantic. I keep looking at the binder that I used, feeling confuzzled and lost.

I have to become ok with the fact that it's ok to forget some things... that it's not crucial to remember how many beers I drank, how many posts were on my board, whether or not I was online or playing on the computer... that it's ok to just live life, without recording everything.

No comments: