Thursday, January 30, 2003

meow

I got a phone call today. One of my cat friends, Aubrey, is very sick. He's "going to sleep" on Saturday. I'll visit him tomorrow, even though a good part of me doesn't want to see him so ill. He's only about 9, but his liver is shot.

I've known Aubrey since he was a kitten. I'm closer to his brother, Aleister, but I do care for Aubrey a great deal. I'll miss him a lot, but I also feel badly for Aleister, who will most certainly feel the loss intensely. I'll have to see how he does. If he doesn't do well, I might take him in. I'm home more than the people he currently lives with. If it will help him, I'll just stock up on the allergy meds and deal. I'd completely fall apart if he has to suffer any more than I know he will because of his brother "going away".

Yes, I care for them as much, if not more than I care for most humans. They are my friends.

I don't like sad.

Sad sucks.

No comments: