Friday, November 10, 2000

DearGod1

11/10/00 12:33 PM

I don't know how much time I have left. True, no one does, but I'm just mentioning it because it's one of the reasons I'm forcing this writing out of my system.

It seems that I've been designated to start. I don't know where to start or how to start. I just know that I'm the one who has to do it. It's odd writing to an audience that knows everything, yet nothing at all. Even the concept is odd - the fact that I must assume that I am writing to one who knows nothing, but in truth everything is known. Odd or not though, it's true. So I suppose that the best thing to do is to explain some things first, before I get into the meat of it all.

There will be more than one of us writing this. Some of us can speak for ourselves and some of us can speak for those of us who cannot. It's not possible any other way. There are just too many perspectives... too many stories... too many truths. Then... you already know that.

We've kept quite excellent records. Unfortunately the first half of them are gone though. We've attempted to fill in the gaps, but it's not entirely possible. I'm not sure whether it ever will be. The original idea was just to submit all of those notes in chronological order. Over the past 4 years, we've worked endlessly, attempting to put those notes in order, but at this point I doubt completing that task is possible within the next 10 years, due to the 30,000 or so pages. I suppose that it's rude to submit a bunch of notes anyway - in order or not, but put in chronological order, with some commentary, hopefully it will result in a coherent report. If a note is edited, it will only be so because the edited portion was declared entirely irrelevant by consensus. Submitted notes will not be edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, or in any attempt to conceal the truth of the time.

We've not yet come to a conclusion about whether or not to include the names of others. For now, I will allow it. Perhaps in the future the names will be changed. If that ends up being the case, I will make a note of it.

So... you who are reading this... "God"... here is the report you requested.

No comments: