Saturday, December 23, 2000

material attachment

I'm a pack rat/purger. I'm very possessive of MY THINGS. I don't share well. I keep things for long periods of time, until I hit purge mode, then I get rid of things in large amounts. I believe this is a part of my nurture, rather than my nature.

Every kid seems to have a first attachment, whether it's a blanket, a pacifier, a stuffed toy, a doll, or something else. There's always the one thing that is the first thing that breaks the "out of sight, out of mind" rule. It's usually about the age of 2 or so.

To the best of my knowledge/memory, my first attachment was to my pipe... what I called my pacifier, due to a pipe smoking role model. I did have a yellow baby blanket with lions on it, but I think that came after my pipe. My pipe was taken from me (I think by recommendation of the family doctor), I think about the age of 2 or 3.

No comments: