Monday, April 22, 2002

("toilet trouble") Advice from an old camel

I'm petrified of public restrooms. Always have been.

My advice, try to work through it. Being a camel is ok for a while, but by the time you hit about 25, you'll pay for it. Holding it is really bad for you. Trust me, I have the bladder of a 90 year old at this point.


(8:30pm)
Have to add more...

I'm still not comfortable, especially when going out to a bar or something. Standing is not an option, and there's only so many times you can pretend to poop... especially when it only takes a few seconds to pee out the cheap beer you're drinking. As well, "normal" guys don't pee quietly. I'm always worried about the way peeing sounds, so I end up pushing it out rather than letting it just happen. I know... sounds odd.. but... *shrugs* that's my life. (More urinary problems from that.) Another thing... most men sit on the toilet (most women squat over it)... and if you've ever seen a public men's room... that's just downright scary. Really, there's nothing like sitting there waiting for the coast to clear, hoping that you don't catch some weird disease from the seat in the meantime. Add to that the fact that most men don't wipe after they pee (and so I have to (again) fake that I'm in poopville) and it just plain sucks.

Ahhh... the joy of relieving oneself....


I stay home a lot.

No comments: