Saturday, May 7, 2005

Next on the MS bandwagon (cont'd 8)

My legs don't really drag, they just collapse. The strength is there, but the message isn't getting to the place in the brain it needs to get. That's what the Neurologist says, anyway.

Got the pain and the fatigue, and I agree they suck. I call the pains "the bars", because it feels like someone is sticking an iron bar through parts of me, randomly. Then there are the migraines.

I figure I've got a couple more months before the next substantial flare. I can hope, anyway. The Tegretol they have me on is helping a little. The Valium occasionally helps too. I'm not really on anything else. They're trying to figure out what might work. I'm supposed to go have a sleep study done, to figure out what my brain is doing, or not doing... what exactly it is that has kept me from real sleep since forever ago. I don't look forward to it. Just thinking about the whole process is scaring me.

Such is life.

No comments: