Wednesday, September 12, 2001

(WTC - The next morning)

I have a lot to say, but words fail me. I'm sure that I cannot articulate all of what is running through my head. I'll try though.

My first reaction, the natural emotional response, is to just nuke 'em and ask questions later.

This is not a logical thought, it is an emotional reaction.

My suspicion is that whatever retaliatory actions occur, they will not occur before the death toll is released to the public. It's simple psychology. You have to get people good and angry before you commit an action akin to what the "enemy" did in the first place.

They know who is responsible. Right now, they're waiting, planning, and giving the American people the time to shift from the mourning stage to the anger stage.

Will this become WWIII? It's possible... and I know that they've already decided whether or not it will be. My hunch has been, and still is, AIDS isn't working as well as they hoped, only war will do the trick. Problem #1 on this planet is overpopulation. The people behind the scenes know this and are doing what they think is necessary to handle the problem. There's a reason why they didn't kill Sadam and why they didn't kill bin Laden already. People like these are needed in the big plan.

I'm glad I got home Monday as opposed to Tuesday (the original date I'd wanted to return). It would have sucked to have been stuck in Washington DC (which is where my train was 9AM Monday). I hope that people start thinking about the trains though. No bags are checked on the train. Anyone could bring a suitcase full of explosives on board and detonate them in a train station.

I'm impressed with the people of NYC and DC. No one is using this as an excuse to commit crime, so far... and everyone seems to be pulling together. Someone asked what it would take for North America to unite. I'd not had the time to reply to that thread, although I had an answer in my head. Hopefully this answers that question even better than I could have.

I've been instructed to pack a bag... just in case we have to get out of Dodge quickly ...heading North to the mountains if things get out of control. I fear not having my necessary meds. I fear having no money. I fear the life that might be in front of me if this does move towards WWIII. I don't know how long I'll last.

Bush is speaking as I write this... I fear what he will say. I fear that he'll say nothing (like he did last night). I fear that he'll say something, and that life will drastically change.


...and so he says nothing.

I suppose that I still just want blood.

Call me a Vampire.

1 comment:

leela said...

I think we're all Vampires when it comes to the instinctive desire for blood vengeance when horrendous crimes are committed, whether it's something like 9/11 or the guy who blows his ex-girlfriend away esqskxefjust so nobody else can have her.

As recent history has shown, though, our instincts can be cynically manipulated by people in power who have hidden agendas of their own.