Sunday, January 30, 2005

~The art of blogging

Is it really a sign of creative genius to keep posting the same thing, no matter what has happened in the meanwhile? If you write a particularly well received entry, is it not rather pathetic to go to another site and post it again, neglecting to mention that you wrote it way long ago?

I guess it depends on why you're keeping a blog. If you're trying to suck someone into your life, I suppose it makes sense to use what previously worked. The online pickup line. Pretty lame. It's like writing a love letter and just changing the "Dear" name over and over as you move onto "the next one".

I'm not impressed only by the piece. I'm impressed by both the creative process and the result. The thought of receiving recycled words makes me feel ill. It screams "You're nothing special. You don't deserve the brain power. You're just the next in line." It's a shame that most people can't tell when words are recycled, it might save them from being hurt.

I hope I never get to the point of recycling my words. I like to think that I'm better than that. Then, maybe one day I'll be so desperate, that I'll try.

... naaah

1 comment:

Cutter said...

I did rather enjoy The Catcher In The Rye.