Wednesday, January 12, 2005

dain bramage (Next on the MS bandwagon)

As much as I want to type out the whole fucked up story, I don't feel capable. The short of it is: I've had "mental problems" since I was a teenager. I was Institutionalized (that was in 1986). I was labeled. I got worse. I went into the hospital again (that was in 1994). I was re-labeled. I got worse... and worse... and worse. In 2004 I got into a (mentally) abusive relationship. Of course, I got worse. In November, I went blind in one eye. I went to the doctor. I got an MRI (My very first). The result? Apparently, I've had MS for (at least, to quote the doc) the last 10 years. The doc also said, "I've never seen a brain like this." Yes, just like I'd said, over and over and over again, there really was something wrong with my brain.

So, here I am... my life is a mess, my brain is a mess. The good news is that before I killed myself, I got out of the relationship, and that after a pretty hefty course of Prednisone I regained a lot of the sight in my eye.

I don't know what's next for me. The not knowing is making me nuts. I wonder if they have a label for that.

1 comment:

windwalkingwolf said...

I'm glad you're able to continue this project.