Friday, May 17, 2002

(Advice to a 19 year old.)

First off... stop with the "I haven't done anything with my life" crap. You're 20. You have done A LOT with your life. You've completed school. You've formed relationships. You've worked a bit. You've read a lot. Don't compare your self to some ideal. You're EXACTLY where you should be at the age of 20.


To answer your question though... (What would I do (or do more of) if I could go back to 20 again?)


Answer #1 - (The honest answer) If I woke up and was 20 again... I'd kill myself. If I had to go through what I went through in the last 12 years again, and I'd HAVE to in order to survive, I'd probably kill myself first.

Answer #2 - (The time travel answer) If I went back in time and met myself, and was able to give myself some advice...

Don't ever get a credit card.
Stay away from Cocaine.

Answer #3 - (The "if I were you" answer) Work and save. Get a solid job, if you can find one (I highly recommend government jobs or the military), and save as much money as you can. Don't even care about what you're saving it for, in 10 years or so, you'll know what it's for.

No comments: