Monday, December 15, 2003

Hate (2)

Most of the time, with posts like these, my apparent questions are rhetorical. I don't know that there are any real answers... no "universal definitions".

Hate and rage, to me, are, although often linked, not necessarily partners. I can experience rage without feeing hate. I can feel hate without experiencing rage.

Can rage be channelled? In my opinion, no. Not true rage. If that state of being is "channellable", it's not really rage. Rage can't be channelled. Rage is rage. There's no controlling it. If you can control it, it's something else. Anger, hurt, upset, maybe even fear.... but not rage. To me, "rage" is one of those "insanity" things. There's no making sense of it. Is it "hate based"? I don't know. I think that maybe sometimes it is... but then, I think that it's often "love based" as well.

No comments: