Tuesday, September 7, 2004

~Sounding bored

Life feels abstract. Nothing seems real. I suppose that it makes sense. When life changes, nothing feels really familiar anymore. It's not what you're used to, so you don't recognize it. Maybe.

When I was younger, change used to excite me. Now, it's not so much that it scares me, but I think that I've stopped expecting the best. I guess that's what people mean by "jaded".

I'm supposed to see my shrink later tonight. I really don't see what the point is in going. It's been two years that I've been seeing her. It was good to have a sounding board. It was good to be able to tell my story, or part of it, to someone. Has it really helped? I really don't know.

A few months ago, I started smiling. Just the fact that my girlfriend existed caused me to smile. I still smile when I think of her. I think that's more valuable than going to a shrink.

No comments: