Thursday, September 30, 2004

~Wolf in the Box

I spent the last couple of months trying to figure out how to get my wolf Mandala into a box which is suitable for shipping. Yes, I have indeed lost sleep over the matter. That's the thing with OCD, there's an "O" in it. It's not that I choose to obsess, it just happens. I do try not to. I talk to/with myself, train myself, reward and/or punish myself, but it's quite an uphill battle. I'm just glad I figured this one out before the Mandala ended up in the trash. I'll do that too. If the obsession gets too far out of control, I'll often solve it destructively.

So, this morning, I finally solved the problem. I took it apart, and it fit into one of the boxes I had. I am very happy about this. I think that the afternoon nap may well become a reality.