Saturday, July 23, 2005

072305 ~comments/replies

7:43 AM - replied to comment -
Thanks for the compliment. :) I don't know that I can do much of anything with my writing. I don't have the ability to get things together. The MS interferes with that. Always has.


I remember the first time I met a transsexual person. She was a lesbian and had come to Michigan to get married to her girlfriend because her girlfriend was from here and because, in Michigan, she was still legally considered a man because she hadnt had her sex change operation yet. We had an interesting talk about gender and what it means to be a woman. I guess before that time, I had always just figured that being a woman was all about having a vagina. It took a long time for me to wrap my mind around the idea that a person could feel that they were one gender or other in a way seperate from their body parts.

7:50 AM replied -
I think that it's pretty wrong that the government has anything to do with telling people who they are. There's no reason to have an M or F stamped on a birth certificate. The way I see it, the only reason to have it there is so that people can discriminate against you even before they meet you. Race used to be on birth certificates too. Then, people figured out how fucked up and wrong that was. I wonder when they'll figure it out about listing "sex".

No comments: