Sunday, July 17, 2005

~messed up

Being (mis?)diagnosed with mental illness since 1985, I've been shrunk so much, I can barely see over my boots. They blamed my MS symptoms on my being "crazy". They like to tell people who won't listen to them about which sex/gender they are that they're crazy. It snowballed from there. Everything was somehow connected to my "mental health history" and attached to my mental health labels. Every cognitive symptom, and every physical one. No matter how many times I told them "No! There's something wrong with my brain!" they never listened, and never looked at my actual brain. It wasn't until this past November that they finally gave me an MRI, as I'd gone completely blind in my right eye and was in a new town... no health records on file. Not that they didn't try to accuse me of just drinking myself blind (that was the second neurologist), judging me by my appearance, but they checked my brain anyway (after looking into my eyeballs). According to the Nerologists, I've had MS for, at least, 10 years. 20 years is completely possible. (That's when my symptoms started.) My brain is pretty messed up.

I'm currently looking for housing... but that's a long story. I blog when I can.

Really, at this point, I'm tired. On a daily basis, I just wish the MS would kill me already.