Tuesday, November 6, 2001

110601

(9:39am - Book It!)

When it comes to matters of the spirit, it's one thing to write about about what you've learned, or a book offering guidance or opinions; it's another to write a book saying that what people need is a service which only YOU (or those like you) can provide.


(9:44am - Bravery)

What do people think courage and bravery are?
I think that bravery means being scared shitless, but doing it anyway.

Can anyone give examples?
An Iron Worker with a fear of heights?

How many people think they are brave?
I think that I might be. I'm afraid of everything, and I haven't killed myself yet.

2 comments:

leela said...

"I think that I might be. I'm afraid of everything, and I haven't killed myself yet."

Yes. I think you might be the bravest person I've ever known.

Camus said that the fundamental question, the one that has to be answered every single day, is whether or not to commit suicide. But then, he was an existentialist, so what did *he* know? ;)

Cutter said...

I'm flattered. :)