Thursday, November 8, 2001

(Why life sucks.) cont'd

I often have problems articulating the thoughts which race through my head.

This is the way I see things...

N.... you're N. Whether or not you have surgery, you'll always be N., to me. You're no more or less of a woman because of the parts you have. If you choose to have surgery because it will make you happy, then I'm all for it. I love you. I want you to be happy... but... BUT.... no matter what surgeries you do or don't have, you're a NORMAL, WONDERFUL, person, deserving of the utmost respect....no.... more than that... you're a NORMAL, WONDERFUL, WOMAN, deserving of the utmost respect.

People who don't fit into the stereotypes live a life of fear... so much so that many opt to change their body... to MUTILATE THEMSELVES! This should NOT be the case. If your parts feel wrong, by all means, change them... but you shouldn't HAVE to in order to live a life free of fear.

I know that the reality is that in order to live a life free of fear, you're almost FORCED to opt for surgery... I just wish that weren't the case.

If you do opt for that surgery (N., or anyone else reading this)... PLEASE... NEVER forget... NEVER shut up... NEVER forget what it's like to live in fear. People should NOT have to change their bodies in order to avoid being beat (or neglected) to death.

No comments: