Wednesday, November 28, 2001

(the internet and isolation)

I, personally, don't think that women are whores for liking sex... but I'm not so sure that's what this (what was said) is all about. I think that it's more about the feeling that many people have that they somehow aren't complete without a life companion. It doesn't really have anything to do with sex, actually.

Maybe I'm unique in that I draw a line between the two... that's highly possible, judging by what I read. There was a poll in which someone asked about which we'd rather have... love without sex or sex without love. I think I was in the minority there.

Sex is sex. I'm my own companion... and what I can't provide for myself, my friends do rather well. I'd rather have the sex. Sex is like tv. It's fun! I don't really need either one, but because I already have love (from myself and my friends), I'll opt for the sex. I don't have that every day. I love myself enough, and my friends love me. I have plenty of love, so I'd rather have the sex without the whole "mate" thing. Seems that most people want the love/ "mate" a lot more than the sex. That's where I think that "loving yourself" comes in. If you feel complete without a "mate", you don't need the love of a mate to feel complete. (In some parallel universe that makes sense.)


Actually, even what was written in the Thanksgiving thread was something that I had trouble understanding. Many people really do feel alone without a "mate", no matter who else is around them. That's not something I understand too well.

When people talk about "loving oneself", I don't think it's about not wanting sex. I think that it's about not needing the sex, or the committed person to have sex with, in order to feel whole.

No comments: