Thursday, August 7, 2003

(Saying Hello - II)

Ho Ho HO, Jolly Green!

I did change your title, because it still said "banned username", but I just changed it to "Member". If you change your mind about wanting one, just let me know.

I'm VERY glad you're here.

N., it feels probably just as weird to me being addressed as (my legal name) online. That is a good thing though, I think. Lets me know that I made the right decision.

I just started thinking about it, and realized that a REALLY bad thing for someone with MPD/DID to do is to further encourage splitting by creating names. The fact that it feels weird to be addressed by my name says something to back up that opinion. It's just something I decided to try out in order to attempt to get to that elusive "finish line" in the recovery process.

That said though, it's quite ok if you refer to me as "FR". I'll know who you're talking to... and anyway, I'll never stop following Ravens. They've gotten me this far.

No comments: