Saturday, January 10, 2004

(needing the lights on - 1)

I went through that for a while after I "saw a ghost" in my apartment. I think it was 1996 or '97. After it happened, I had to leave the lights on until I moved out.

Now, I sometimes can't get it dark enough. There's always light that creeps in from the window... and that's even more annoying than pitch black. The little light makes more shadows, etc. If it's pitch black, at least you know you're hallucinating.

It's odd. I know that the logical thing is to just make friends with whatever (whomever) is spooking you, but at the moment you see something, logic goes out the window and you just feel fear or panic.

Just an idea, but have you considered leaving the lights on and just using one of those blindfold thingees? At least that way you have darkness, but in case of an onset of being spooked, you can have light quickly by removing it. True, it still uses electricity, but at least you might sleep easier.

No comments: