Wednesday, June 29, 2005

~Bumpy Ride

(re - "Needs" 6/20/04)

I swear that's what gave me MS... if I had to pick one traumatic event over another. My head was so bruised and lumpy that I got sent to the school nurse. I remember the school nurse wanting to call the cops. I begged her not to. (It was all my fault, etc.) Sometimes you shouldn't listen to a 12 year old.

I'd assumed I'd gotten a concussion back then. Now? I think that along with the concussion, I got pushed over the edge into MSville.

I got the "birthmark" on my head after that, too. I wasn't born with the white patch on the left side of my head. It just (mysteriously) appeared one day, about a year, or less, after that whole incident. I was punished for that too. My mother thought I'd dyed my hair.

Telling my life story... If I didn't live it, I probably wouldn't believe me either.

No comments: