Tuesday, June 25, 2002

(How would I like to be addressed?)

"Follows", "Ravens", "Follows Ravens", or FR will do online or off from people I know. With strangers, I'd prefer they use "Follows Ravens" because of the whole formality = respect thing... and in print, PLEASE don't ignore the "s" on either word, or use an "e" instead of an "o". Barring typo, it's annoying when people mutilate my name.

I DO NOT like my legal name used online. It's rare that I even use it in e-mails.

Offline, my legal name, or it's shortened form are both fine. I can deal with Mr., but get my name right if you use it. I'd rather have someone not call me anything at all than to completely destroy my name. If you don't know my name, "Sir" is preferable to "Mister", but I'm not too particular on that.

No comments: