Tuesday, September 24, 2002

About the new format (PLEASE READ)

a few things:

The most important section on the board is "The Office". PLEASE make sure to stop in there whenever you come to the board, and read whatever is in the section that you haven't read already. Even if it's a message for another person, sometimes reading it will avoid us asking one another the same questions repeatedly. "The Office" is for quick messages from any of us, to any or all of us, and for things that are important for any or all of us to know about the board or events in our offline lives that will affect the board (being away for a while, for example).

The second most important is "The Hall Closet". If the poster doesn't know where to put it, it gets put in there. Suggestions as to where the topic should go are wanted, and as well, it's ok to put a topic in there, let it develop (through conversation), and then tell me later where you want it to go. I just don't want the closet to become overstuffed.

I did my best trying to figure out where things go, but if you feel that your topic better belongs in another section, let me know and I'll move it.

Don't stress too much about the sections. Yes, make an effort to put things where they fit, but if you miss the mark, don't panic. Moving a topic every now and again isn't that difficult. In time, topics change in nature and often fit better in other areas. If I move your topic, don't take it personal. It's just my attempts at keeping a clean house.

I'm going to put an open sticky topic in each section (except for "The Office", "The W.C.", "Mystic's Room" and "The Basement"). In this section, post a link to any thread that you want people to pay special attention to or that you want to have easy access to.


With Mystic's section, I'm making it a "No Reply" format. If you want to reply to anything in there, or talk about (or to) Mystic, please do... just start a new thread in the section. Right now, I can't think about doing anything other than leaving her section on the board. Not that I'm deifying her, or attempting to, I just feel way too much right now to do anything else.

I'm not posting rules. If there's a problem, I'll let you know. If there's a question, ask me.


thanks much

-FR

No comments: