Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Sept. 11

It will be on my mind all day. I can't help that. Even now, I'm placing myself...

...right now I'm still on that Amtrak train coming back from GA. My body hurts. I haven't slept. I'm talking to a woman from Israel who is on her way to DC to visit with a friend. We should be in DC by 9 or so.

Most of the people on the train are either getting off in DC or NYC. All the seats are taken. I keep mostly to the smoking area. I gave the window seat to the woman who was sitting next to me. I didn't want to bother her by getting up every 3 seconds to smoke. I regret that now. The only people who can get any sleep are the ones sitting next to the window, in sleeping cars, or the ones who are traveling with someone close to them.

In a few hours, you'll be able to tell who was stuck on the aisle. They'll be the ones with the bad attitudes who look on the verge of tears.

It's a very long trip.

No comments: