Thursday, September 5, 2002

(Attractive/Attraction)

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A female might think another female is attractive..but may not BE sexually attracted to her...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can say that about "straight" people too.

A MALE might think a female is attractive..but may not BE sexually attracted to her...

or

A FEMALE might think a male is attractive..but may not BE sexually attracted to him...

Just because you're bi doesn't mean you're attracted to EVERYONE. Same with being gay or straight.

The way I see it, being "pan"* simply means that a person's body parts do not dictate whether or not you are or can be romantically interested in them.


*I'd say "bi", but to me, "bi" implies TWO. I don't see sex and gender as polar. To me, a person who is "bi" is/can be sexually/romantically interested in people who qualify as either stereotypical human male or stereotypical human female.

Again, because most people don't understand what "pansexual" is, I'll use the "bi" label... but technically speaking, to me, it's not a perfect fit.

No comments: