Saturday, September 21, 2002

for Terri

This is a poem that you wrote back in 2001. I figured that I'd post it. I hope you don't mind too much.

I also posted a picture of me and you, from last year's Dragon Con.

The smile was genuine.



Daisies, Lilacs and Lavender.

When I die, Please do this for me
Bathe me in lavender,
Dress me in a dress of daisies
and scatter lilacs about my body.

Do not mourn for me,
But celebrate new life.
Please plant a weeping willow
at the head of my grave.
For that is a tree that demands attention!

But do not weep for me!
Let the tree do this for you.

Please dance around my grave
at midnight,
and burn a candle or two.
Wish me well, as I do you.
For my time to say good bye has come.

Weep not for me for I'm at peace,
I'm watching over you.
I'll be there in your dreams at night,
My memory lives on in you.






p.s. - I know that you probably wrote the poem for someone specific, but I think that this is an ok place to post it... and that it probably applies all the way around anyway.

I love you.

No comments: