Thursday, September 12, 2002

(more on the 9/11 outburst - 3)

J., I do agree with you on a lot of what you said... but it's not the only reason I feel the way I do.

It's sort of like people who go to church on Christmas and consider themselves good Christians.

Last year, about this time, the lines were around the block with people wanting to donate blood, the rest of the year?

Last year, the rich rock musicians and actors actually thanked their fans with a free concert and saw them as equals (or better). The rest of the year?

People gave money, clothes, free food, and loads of thanks and support to people just doing their jobs. The rest of the year?


It's the hypocrisy that gets me. It's not that the positive things that went on last year and this year, on 9/11, should not have. It's that they should happen ALL THE TIME. They don't.

I guess I just prefer that people either go to church, or don't. Once a year only means that you're either feeling guilty, feeling scared, posturing, or going through the motions.

No comments: