Saturday, September 13, 2003

Crack Fairies, Twinkies and Noodleheads

I was thinking about this the other day...


I asked myself if I'd call A. a "Crack Fairy" to her face... or if I'd call I2 a "Twinkie" (or even Oprah, for that matter).

I came to the conclusion that I probably would.

Thing is, it's not done with acid and fire. It's more along the lines of, "I don't get you, so I've come up with a name that expresses that." I realized that the people I have real issues with... I don't have names for them.

In truth, with people I truly despise... there's nothing funny about it. I don't have the least bit of space for a chuckle. In calling someone a "fluff head", it might carry a bit of displeasure, but it's still riding the line of "cute". It's something that, although indicative of "I don't get you", can also be said while mussing someone's hair.

I suppose that these names are some sort of feeble attempt at masking my frustration. Rather than cry, I try to laugh.

I don't know. I just found it interesting when I realized that. I was thinking about whether or not it was "mean" to engage in what can surely be perceived as name calling. I don't know that I've come to any conclusion. It's an interesting thing to think on though, for me... another thing to analyze about myself and my habits.

No comments: