Wednesday, September 10, 2003

DC2K4 (II)

It makes things a lot cheaper if you split a room with someone. For me personally, sharing a room with more than one person is not possible, but it makes sense that if you're ok with room sharing you should. (More money to spend on sushi!)

If it ends up being a whole bunch of us, maybe we should consider all chipping in to rent a "party" room for one night. It's about $150 a night at the Hyatt, split a few ways it might be an option. Either that, or if someone is ok with a party in their room, we could all chip in towards the use of their space.

I'll say this much in advance (and for the record) though...

In my life I've been a barfly... a party person... a social butterfly... a city dweller, etc. I AM OK WITH PARTIES. That said, allow me to explain...

I've lived my life where my "home" is my sanctuary. When I party, I leave the house. This is how I am able to socialize. Basically, because I'm able to come and go, I'm just fine.

What happened in 2001 was that I attempted to step out for a minute and it turned into a MAJOR drama (thanks a lot, crack fairy).

Things happen... unexpected things, planned things, all sorts of things. My head often gets messy. Knowing this, I always try to provide for my own needs by letting people know how I am... so that if I do walk out, freak out, or anything else, they'll understand and not take it personally.

So, for the record, I'm completely into showing up for a party that we plan for ourselves... as long as I can get to home base without a problem (including being made to feel like shit for doing so).


I'm a penguin...I'm a penguin...I'm a twisted penguin

No comments: