Friday, September 5, 2003

(DC2K3) Wednesday - Thursday

For some odd reason, even the thought of typing out the whole Amtrak fiasco makes me want to shut my computer down. It's not just that it's a lot of typing, but I think that I'm trying (at least, subconsciously) to forget it.

I'm used to being treated differently because of the way I look. I just never expected it from Amtrak, being that the price of the ticket was so obnoxious. Too, I suppose I was sucked into the "advertising" on their website. I expected something much different, even where the accommodations were concerned.

A2 has the play by play. On Thursday, when we finally got to the hotel, we spent some time writing things down. It starts with A2's train being late due to a man doing something which (apparently) warranted police intervention, and ended with us having to carry about 125 lbs of luggage the length of the train platform and up about 50 or so stairs after the "redcap" drove by with an empty luggage cart.

No comments: