Sunday, September 14, 2003

Crack Fairies, Twinkies and Noodleheads (2)

It's not so much about what YOU could put up with in THEIR place...but if they can put up with it, and if you care.

The "if you care" part is rather essential... however... to take this to a rather religious playground...

I believe it may be slightly motivated by that which has been dubbed "vengeance". Now we're into the realm of "sin"... and perhaps at the core of why "vengeance" is seen as one.

When I call A. "crack fairy" it's motivated not only by the fact that I once compared her to a fairy on crack and got a laugh from doing so, but by the fact that A. hurt me. The same with I2. It's my reaction to someone I trusted who "turned on me"... about my (perhaps sinful, perhaps not) desire for vengeance.

If I don't like the person, or care about them to begin with, they can't hurt me in that way... so, no "name calling" reaction.

Thinking about it this way... it's perhaps all about the ability to "turn the other cheek".

...not an easy thing to do.

No comments: