Saturday, July 3, 2004

~Forgetting

I've been asked, throughout the course of my life, whether or not I've ever cheated on anyone. My answer? "No."

I didn't lie about that. Every time I thought back over my girfriends and tried to triple check my memory, just to be 100% sure, I couldn't remember one time I cheated. I always broke up with a person before lying to them. It was a lesson I learned early in life.

It causes more damage if you lie to, and attempt to stay with somebody, than it does to break that person's heart by leaving.

I just forgot how I learned that lesson.

1 comment:

chembear said...

Forgiving
Hmmmm...two life lessons. 1.Don't lie about how you feel (if you do it may cost you dearly). 2. forgive...soon after the injustice, not years later (if you don't, it may cost you dearly).