Tuesday, July 6, 2004

~Long and winding road

In the morning, after I smoke half a smoke, I wash my face, rinse my mouth, and put my clothes and coffee on. I then plant my butt in front of the computer, and attempt to come up with something to write about.

It feels like starting the car engine. Not that I would really know what that felt like, being that I don't drive and am not a car, but I can guess.

It has become a ritual for me. I've done it for 5 years. I don't even really remember how I used to start my day, before my long, strange trip in cyberville.

The night my net service started, five years and one month ago, I sat down in front of my computer and continued my life long quest. I had a mountain of clues, and a whole new world to search.

I remember asking people, when I first started exchanging cyber words, "What are you searching for?" hoping to bring to light the fact that just about everyone is searching for the same thing when they become part of online communities. We're all looking for "The One".

Five years and a month ago, the trail of bread crumbs I followed... and my ravens... led me to the Internet. I picked up the bread crumb, and I typed the word "Vampire" into a search engine. There, the online leg of my quest began.

My ravens then led me over the river and through the woods, over hill, over dale, in circles, through tunnels and caves, down long and winding roads. They led me here.

They'll lead me to your door.