Monday, July 5, 2004

~The other edge of 17

Yes, the story does continue.

I hit "childhood's end" out of school, jobless, living with Art, hurting, and continuing my affair with Drue.

I want to make a joke about "the rabbit dying", but I won't. I loved my Bunny. I had to give her to the school because Art was allergic, and didn't want to help me care for her. Oddly enough, before I found out she'd died, I had a dream about it. Guess that was my preparation. From what I heard, she got out of her cage and was killed by a cat. Made me very sad.

So, what happened with Alison?

I'm pretty sure I told Alison about my (re)involvement with Drue pretty soon after Drue and I slept together again. Alison always knew about Drue. I met Alison in the hospital. She was there for a lot of my rants and ravings about Drue... she listened. She loved me. Alison and I "hooking up" happened because I got to the point where I said, "Why not?". If I'd followed my gut, Alison and I wouldn't have hooked up. My heart was elsewhere. Not that she was a bad person. I loved her. To this day I wonder how she is, what she's doing with her life, where she ended up. She was good to me. She just wasn't "The One". "The One" was busy ghosting in and out of Drue.

One day, maybe I'll understand the whole ghosting thing. All I know now, is that it happens. It always has happened, and it's still happening now. Traveling without moving. Being two places at once.

I suppose if I'm actually delusional, it won't change my life much. What's one more label? Right?

No comments: