Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Got a dust cloth? - IV

Quoting myself:
Too much trying to make everyone else happy... and WAY too much constantly explaining myself.


I promised myself that I wouldn't fall into the whole thing again, and then yesterday, I did.

We came back here (we, meaning A2 and I) because it was #1 - my board (I "own" it) and #2 - our online home. We learned, when the board closed, who really gave a shit, and who didn't. We learned before the board closed, who was trouble and who was not. We need trouble like we need a hole in the head. We can't make people care.

I really have to read this thread more often... keep things in perspective. I should have just kicked Nv out without a word to her... but instead, I tried. I tried to make her care. You can't make people care. (Too, you can't make people be respectful, or be anyone other than who they are.) :\

I think that I need to spend more time and energy on the ones who do care, and the ones who are respectful, than on the ones who make me nuts.


For those of you who might be reading this, yes, I own this board, but it's our board... A2 and I. We want our friends here. We want good people here. We're both touchy, oversensitive people... we do care.

No comments: