Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Thinking on Avatars (again) 1

Is it about how you see yourself, how you think others see you, how you'd like to be seen.... all of the above?

The problem with my current avatar is that I don't always feel "goofy", not even the "evil" side of goofy (which is what the seagulls were in Nemo).

I am rather multifaceted, so it's pretty difficult to settle on just one avatar. I could change them on a daily basis, but even that'd be too limiting. It's often that my "moods" change minute to minute. So, I look for one that expresses the "inner" me... the me that underlies all the rest of the "moods".

I see them (the ones I'm considering) as:

unpredictable - insane - god like - tortured
demonic - solitary - blood thirsty
loving - blasphemous - destructive - possessed

The "softest" side of me... "solitary". Although the "loving" side is soft as well, the homo-erotic/masculine nature of the picture (I'm sure) really bothers some people... taking away some of the "softness".

Am I dark? Well, I don't know whose place it is to determine that. Mine, I suppose... but what others see does play a part. I see myself as a powder keg... and all the people around me are capable of dropping a match. (I'm a lot less of a threat if I surround myself with Ravens.)

No comments: