Sunday, March 28, 2004

(Make Sense) 1

Which would I give up, if I had to?

I suppose taste, but because my hearing is the most oversensitive, and hence, the most problematic, I often think that I'd go with that before taste. I suppose that it depends on the moment you ask me, but I'd give a "sane" answer of "taste".

With me?

sight- My sight is ok. I don't need glasses, but sometimes the computer strains my eyes a bit. There are times when I can't deal with light, but then there are times when I stare happily into the sun. When I'm in "hyper sensed" mode, the way it usually affects my sight is by allowing me to see more detail all the way around.

sound- My hearing is beyond acute, and mixed with being very "touch" sensitive (vibrations), it's often that I'm a mess. They say it's PTSD, but whatever the cause, it's made my life hellish.

touch- I've always had odd tactile stuff going on. From not being able to tolerate certain fabrics, to the constant need for fingertip stimulation, it's pretty off from the norm. As I mentioned above, vibrations are also problematic for me. Sometimes a loud bass line will actually hurt my skin.

smell- I rely heavily on my sense of smell. Whether it's a "Were" thing or just a Jon thing, it's how I "see" people, and the world in general. I trust my sense of smell more than I trust any of my other senses.

taste- Because I smoke, my taste buds are a bit dulled. I enjoy tasting certain things, but it's not as much a part of my being as the other senses. If it's good or bad, I can smell it. I don't really need to taste it... although I often enjoy doing so.

With the "picking up of energies"... I don't know if that's a 6th sense, or just the ability to use or intensify one or more of the other 5 senses. (I think) I'm in the ESP camp though.

"Hyper aware" mode is something I'm familiar with. Sometimes it's not by choice, other times it is. It's something I used to spend a lot more time working on "controlling". Turning it off is the tough part.

No comments: