Sunday, August 18, 2002

About my "disability" 2

(Depending on when you ask me, of course) I don't know that I really believe in "integration". If you're multiple, you're multiple. You just learn how to live with yourselves.

I view this (again, depending on when you ask me, of course) as a spiritual thing. There's one body that is home to many spirits. Could we combine and become one spirit? Maybe, but I don't know that we'd want to. Some of us really don't even get along too well. We have a common "job" right now, but I think that we all value our seperate "identities". It's interesting to think that maybe I'll be reincarnated as my own best friend or worst enemy in the next life... puts a whole new slant on the way one can view the world. I may have been you in a past life. You may be me in the next. We may become an "us". Sort of helps in that whole "attempting to care about other people" thing... promotes the notion that "we're all in this together".

Could you imagine being "trapped" in a body with your own worst enemy? Now there's a challenge. It makes sense though. What better way to spiritually grow?

No comments: