Sunday, August 18, 2002

(Back to school?) III

...what about going through as a chiroprator or physio therapist? They're like doctors but without the intensive education.

I want the education.

Too though, neither occupation would allow me to do what I really want to do. Either I want to go into General Practice, Emergency Medicine, or Gyn.

The point of wanting to get a degree in medicine is to be able to 1. Serve the gender/sexual minority community (in the medical trenches) and 2. Change the current system which is abusive to us. (The point of studying medicine is because I'm interested in it, and I already do that. I just need letters and degrees to practice.)

I'm considering just taking the year or two and being an LPN, because I could actually serve the community that way, and the pay is ok. If I can do it, I can continue in school while working... but that all depends on what I'm capable of down the road.

All of this is completely dependent on what sort of support I get, and how well my head holds up. I often hit good patches, only to become completey non-functional after a matter of months. It's all in this fun "disability" I have.

No comments: