Thursday, August 22, 2002

(tick tick tick the explanation tick tick tick)

I have a sleep disorder, and there's little that works. I've been like this since about the age of 6 or 7. The only thing that will put me out for more than 5 hours is anesthesia... and even that is pretty messy. 3 - 5 hours? Mixing certain drugs with alcohol can do that. If sleep equals being asleep for more than 5 hours at a time... I haven't slept since about 1975. (I guess that might explain my grouchiness.)

Even at my "healthiest" I only sleep in 90 minute stretches... 3 hours max... but I roll over and go back to sleep. My 5 hours the other night was, basically, about 6 or 7 naps.

When things get bad like this (and it's been happening a lot lately) I go for days on what most people get in a night. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't feel so sick because of it.

No comments: