Saturday, August 3, 2002

(always "the board")

There's a lot going on in my head about the board... not a lot of it is very nice.

I blew up, and the post count shot up over 100. Now, we're back to about 40, 3/4 of which are posts by the same half dozen or so people.

I can't help but want more members.... but as well, I don't want the hell of having to deal with the millions of "trolls" that will likely invade if I list the board.

To be honest, one of the ideas which is running through my head is sorting the board by member. Instead of "Societies" and "Animals" and "Religion", etc. it will be "FR" and "NJ" and "J", etc. Just turn over the sections to people. People post threads in their own section, and can reply wherever else people want replies. That way, people can choose whether or not they want their section passworded, whether or not they want replies, and who they want in there will be up to them (except for me, who will have access to everyone's sections). The way I see it, there are about 6 or 7 people that post the majority of the topics. I'll create sections for them, and for people who really want their own section, and then have an "everybody else" section that, although screened, will be open to everyone.

That will do a few things.

1. Allow me to open the board to new members
2. Send the message that (this board) is about people
3. Give more control to the people who deserve to have it.

I'm just really at a loss. The only thing that seems to wake the board up is my throwing a fit... and I don't like throwing fits.

No comments: